This is our first year to do "Elf on the Shelf". My mom told me about and then I started hearing more about in on the internet. I went to Barnes & Noble and got it while Lynnlee was in school then went and picked her up from school but before seeing that I got the wrong elf. lol So once I pick Lynnlee up I told her we had to go to the "Elf Airport" to pick her elf up that Santa had sent her. (aka Woods & Water) I let her pick out the one she wants and we take him home. The whole way home Lynnlee kept asking is he real or just a toy? can I hold him on the way home? etc... So I tell her he is sleeping right now and will wake up once we read his elf book to him. Once we get home we read the book and pick a name Edward which Lynnlee calls Egward. Of course she wants him to talk to her and of course I had to re-read the book to her where it says he can not speak to her says Santa. I know it says kids cannot touch him or he will lose his magic but I decided to let him sleep with her bc she loves it.
So anyways we got him on the first so this is our seventh day to have him. It is working on her behavior. (although I think she was already in the starting stage of getting out of the "terrible threes" stage which had starting around the time Adilynn starting crawling) Once I say Edward is watching she says "I am being good see" then she smiles =). She has really started to get excited when she wakes up in the morning and I say lets go see what Edward is doing. So far he has been in both trees, a candle under the t.v., the remote holder (like a basket thing), he also brought back snow (which was actually flour that we made his little foot prints in) from the north pole, and last night he got a couple barbies, buzz lightyear, Jesus and her Suzie Bear (with Suz's Santa hat on of course) and got into my make up and some dress up clothes. Tonight I think he is planning on doing something with toilet paper, it will be something fun I'm sure. Monte seems to think I have lost it. LOL This is such an exciting tradition and I look forward to doing it years to come...
No comments:
Post a Comment